Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rain.

Last night I went to bed full of thoughts and plans for the next day, that involved being outside. This morning I woke while it was still dark. The trees tossing in the wind. I dozed off until a dim light seeped through my window. I gazed out at the day. It was pouring rain. But somehow, even though my plans for the day were inevitably ruined!! I decided it would be one of those great rainy days. And it was.
Mom taught Cate and I school while we sipped green tea. Clyde (my Australian shepherd) and I tramped about through puddles, and I have accomplished a lot more school work then I ever thought possible. 

But the one thing that always makes my day no matter what the weather is, is breakfast. I know that's weird, but I love breakfast! Studies have shown it's the most important meal of the day and that excites me even more. This morning I was craving oatmeal. Having time I decided to amp things up a bit. 
I microwaved a serving of oatmeal, stirred in some cinnamon/stevia and coconut milk and topped it with chopped apples and  homemade cinnamon almond granola.  
 It was heaven. Like eating apple cobbler for breakfast!  
Mom always taught me to make the little things in life exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment