Sunday, December 2, 2012

Time goes by...

Yes so much time has gone by since our last post.  I have found it difficult to find the right moment to sit down at the computer and put this on our blog.  I have composed several posts in my head, but they haven't found their way here yet.

One reason is very exciting to us!  We were in Atlanta awaiting the birth of Piper Virginia Hull, who was born on November 13th to our oldest daughter/sister, Lauren.  We had the fun of caring for two year old Gabriela while her mommy and daddy were at the hospital with Piper.  Such joy!

While one life is beginning, another very dear to us is ending.  My dad's brother is in the care of hospice and while we wait, I am reminded of how fragile and short life really is on this earth.  My uncle has fought a brave fight against throat cancer and I will always remember what a strong, courageous and encouraging man he has been. 

So much has happened in the LBS saga of our lives.  So many ups... and just as many downs.  There is so much to tell, so many victories and lessons learned, and now the layers are being peeled away.  One by one... and it is painful, not like the peeling after a sunburn, but like the peeling of a skinned knee, where the wound is exposed to the air.  Hopefully we can document these times and see how God is healing precious Nan.  I won't lie, it has been hard.  But at the same time it has been good and Nan has given me courage to go to the hard places with her ... and even within my own self.



My beautiful granddaughters, Ela and Piper (just one week old here).

1 comment:

  1. I think of your journey and pray for ya'll everyday. Life is so bittersweet! Can't wait to see Piper again in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete